Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Best 24" TV for Office/Gaming setup?

I recently picked up the Playstation 3D Display due to the $199. I set it up in my office and primarily connects to my PS3 for gaming, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, and MLB.TV. I really like this display, but it's the second one in less than a week (first one had dead/stuck pixels) and I am afraid I may have to return this one as well (screen blackout issue). So, instead of messing with another exchange I was thinking about returning it and getting a regular LED TV instead.

It's been awhile since I shopped for a new TV, but have always found this community a great source of information. I've tried to research some of the models in my price range but a lot of what I find is pretty similar, so It's hard to determine which is the better buy. I have been looking at the following models, but have no experience which brands/models are generally better and not sure which to go with.

Toshiba 24" 24L4200U - $229 @ Best Buy
Panasonic 24" TC-L24X5 - $249 @ Best Buy

Looking at both "on paper", the Toshiba "appears" to be the better option... It's cheaper, has 2 HDMI (Panasonic only has 1), and More speaker wattage (I realize this doesn't mean the sound is better)... I probably need to see them both in person and will try to do that today, but was wondering if anyone had input on either TV or suggestions for another? I would like to get it from Best Buy only because that's where I got the PS Display (would make it easier), but am not limited to them if a recommended display is at another store.

Thanks in advance.

JD
Best 24" TV for Office/Gaming setup?

Related Post