Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Panasonic VIERA 50" 1080p 600Hz (Right Choice?)

I haven't owned a TV in over 5 years and have finally decided to give in and pick one up. The TV will be used mostly for HD movies (1080p). I attached a picture of the room so you can see a bit better how I plan to set it up. The TV will be wall mounted above the aquarium you see. That aquarium is 47 inches wide and 55" from the floor to the top. We will be siting fairly low on the bean bag couch so the wall mount will need to be able to tilt down.



-Distance we will be sitting from the TV- 6-7 ft
-We will not have cable TV. I plan to play all movies from a older computer I plan to turn into a media center for the tv.
- Quality is a priority but need to stay in the $1000 range and have enough size to get full benefit of 1080p at 6-7ft.
- Lighting in the room can be controlled.

--- I am also looking for recommendations on a good sound system for this. It doesn't need to be earth shaking as I have neighbors on 2 sides and very thin walls but I do want very good quality surround sound and enough base to shake things a bit if I like.

Here is the TV I am considering- http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...ca8f7be0e1en02

As I said I am really out of the loops and have started considering this TV after reading some of the stickies here. Any advice or recommendations is appreciated!

Thanks
Dradden
Panasonic VIERA 50" 1080p 600Hz (Right Choice?)

Related Post