Monday, May 28, 2012

Buying my first TV so a little help is needed.

1. Seating distance
From 9' to 11'. I have no placment limitations. Looking at 46" to 48".

2. What TV will it be replacing
This is my first TV. Until now i have watched everything on my 22" monitor.

3. What will you be watching on it
The only device that will be connected to TV is my PC (trough HDMI). I will be using my TV only for watching movies and series. I will not watch sports, play games or to be more exact i will not connect my TV with cable TV or inernet TV.

I will mainly be watching HD material (Full Blu-Rays, 1080p encodes). I watch SD material (DVD9 sources) only when series/movies don't exist in HD.

HD - 70%
SD - 30%

4. Will a computer be connected to use the display as a monitor?
No. I will still use my monitor for work on PC.

5. Will you be getting a Blu-ray player to watch movies and will you be getting any HD service from cable/sat, or will you just be watching SD programming, and an upscaling SD DVD player?
I won't be getting Blu-ray player or any HD service from cable/sat. The only device that will be connected to TV is my PC (trough HDMI). I will be using my TV only for watching movies and series. I will not watch sports, won't play games or to be more exact i will not connect my TV with cable TV or inernet TV.

6. Are you looking for the best in class display, the best bargain display, or best bang for the buck in the middle display?
I would like as good as possible PQ.

7. Are you interested in seeing 3D with the new 3DTVs? If not, what about next year since TVs are usually kept for many years so consider that?
I'm not interested in 3D.

8. What is the room lighting situation?
I would say "almost dark". There is no b

9. What is your budget range?
I'm willing to spend around 900€ = 1 130$

10. Will people be watching at multiple viewing angles or just usually one person sitting directly in the center?
It will be just me sitting directly in the center.

11. When will most viewing be done on the display
From 4PM- 3AM.

Additional factors
- Very important to me is 1080p/24 or 24p compatibility!
- Best PQ possiable.
- Preferably i would like to have LCD Full LED (if possible).

- I don't care about 3D so this is an important factor.
- Since i'm from Europe i can't use and don't need "Internet streaming services" like Netflix and Hulu.
- I also don't need services like Pandora, Rhapsody, Picasa, Flickr, access to Facebook, Twitter, and even Skype.
Buying my first TV so a little help is needed.

Related Post