Monday, May 28, 2012

Explorer 8300HD and external hard drive

I've read some of the old posts about this topic but it seems no one, including Cox (Phoenix, AZ), is willing or able to give me a straight answer. I have the referenced DVR and want more storage space. I am running Passport ECHO version 3.1.085 and PowerTV version 6.14.98.1sp. Cox tells me that I should be able to use eSATA but they won't recommend any particular brand and they won't give tech support. I'm not into building an external hard drive. What I want to do is go to Best Buy, buy a 1TB external drive, and hook it up. So, what I want to know is what are my chances of this working? If there's a good chance that it will work is there any particular brand I should get and any specs that I should look for? My other alternative is to swap my current box for an updated version with more storage but then I will lose any currently recorded programs. Any help is appreciated.
Explorer 8300HD and external hard drive

Related Post