Monday, May 21, 2012

Dead Pixel on New Panasonic Plasma TV

I've owned the Panasonic TC-P50X3 for a little over 3 months now and have had no problems. I even think they slipped in a 1080p feature at the last minute as I'm able to get 1080p with certain movies on DirecTV and everything on Xbox 360 (can anyone confirm this btw?)

However, I just recently discovered a small green dot on the screen that I believe is a dead pixel. It goes away when the screen turns dark, but comes back whenever there's color on the picture. It happens on every input. Don't know why this would happen 3 months into usage. I even made it a point to turn down the contrast by 20% with all my settings before using to try and prevent stuff like this.

Does anyone know what Panasonic's warranty policy is on this? I called them and they told me to e-mail them a picture of the problem. At this point it looks like though they may try and ignore me. Is there any way to fix this on my own? I read something about a DVD program out there that runs at about $30 that you can use to fix problems such as this one. Thanks for any advice.
Dead Pixel on New Panasonic Plasma TV

Related Post