Friday, June 22, 2012

Ask and You Shall RECEIVE

Quote: Quoting Myself in March:

It will probably soon be moot because Verizon bumped up my monthly cost by $40 and in January it will go up another $25 to about $160-$170, too much, so I will switch to Time Warner's Triple play and try to get a 2 year deal. I have the TW cable wire sticking out through my wall.
So I called in April and was all set to holler about a free MR-DVR "for life" that they keep advertising (I was paying $20 for the DVR since January,) about switching to Time Warner, about the high escalating cost of FIOS, etc. I had worked myself into an apoplectic frenzy.
But she said basically "Calm down, we will give you what you want." You could have knocked me over with a feather.

So they rolled me back to $89.95 for Extreme TV with 25/25 Internet and digital phone + MR-DVR "free for life" + free SHOWTIME all for 2 years (but with a contract...fine, I'm not going anywhere soon.) My only addition is a $6 STB for the bedroom.
With taxes and fees the total is under $110 for the next 2 years. And best of all, they actually got the billing CORRECT two months running...THAT surprised me.:eyecrazy

So the moral is You Won't Get It If You Don't Ask.
Ask and You Shall RECEIVE

Related Post