Thursday, June 21, 2012

Viera Link with Panasonic Plasma and Blu-Ray Home Theater

Hey everyone, new here to the forum :) Here's the issue at hand.

Television: TH-C46FD18 (TH-46PZ80U)
HT System: SA-BTT350

Since the front speakers of my dad's old Pro Logic home theater system are not outputting sound anymore, I hooked up my brother's Blu-ray HT system to the TV via HDMI.

HDMI 1: PS3
HDMI 2: SA-BTT350
Video 1: Comcast cable box
Video 2: Wii

The idea was to bypass the old receiver and just use the HT System for audio out using Viera Link.
I plugged everything into the TV and set up Viera Link on both the HT System and the TV. Absolutely no sound.

After playing around with the source selector and options on both the TV and HT System (ARC) I gave up and hooked up RCA cables from the TV to the HT System and am using just the AUX input for sound.

I was wondering if there is a way to actually get Viera Link to work to take all the audio input from the TV and output it to the HT System via a single HDMI cable. Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys!
Viera Link with Panasonic Plasma and Blu-Ray Home Theater

Related Post