Wednesday, June 13, 2012

How do you delete programs in Windows 7?

Macs are simple. Rarely does a program use an uninstaller. Adobe stuff is the only one I can think of. You just drag it to the trash and it's gone with the exception of .plist preference files. And those are so tiny, like 100-500 kb, they're inconsequential to storage space. Plus, if you reinstall the app later, your preferences are still there for it.

I know there's the add/remove programs thingy, but since I'm using Steam, I know I'm supposed to use "Delete Local Content" to uninstall games I bought or activated through Steam.

But what about the other ones? Should I be using Add/Remove Programs? Should I be looking in their folders for an uninstaller? Where are these usually located?
How do you delete programs in Windows 7?

Related Post