Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Lost some HD channels

Last night the free HBO preview became available. Could only get channel 501 HD and another one or two HBO channels. Wife had all the channels in SD in the bedroom. After 3 different types of resets ( button, sat cable&power disconnect and ditto with card removal) Called DTV and after 35 minutes I went back and changed my settings to duplicate channels in SD so now I get all channels in SD and some in HD.
She said a tech will have to come out and it will cost.
I would like to troubleshoot myself. This morning I also noticed some other non pay channels out in HD. Same code 771 and searching for signal on those channels as the code for the HD pay channels.
You think I might need a new LNB set for the dish or if only a head, how can I figure out which one to keep the cost down?
Any advice I would greatly appreciate.
Thank you, Mike in AZ.
Lost some HD channels

Related Post