Monday, June 25, 2012

Sony Bravia horizontal lines

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-52W4100 that I bought from a friend at work. He loved the TV but wanted to upgrade to a Sony Bravia 3D. The TV as been wonderful since I bought it about two months ago, but about two weeks ago I got two horizontal lines on it. On the lower portion of the screen. The are parallel with one another and the exact same length, 6" long. They are pretty much white, but can take on the color behind them, just lighter. The lighter the background, the brighter they become. The darker they are, the harder they are to see. When it is black, you cannot see them at all.

It shows these lines no matter what source I'm watching. Cable, Xbox or my Sony receiver.

It started off with just the two, but has grown to 18, or 9 pairs, in all. It now looks like I have two "ladders" going down the sides of my screen. Or at least the rungs of two ladders. The TV is no longer under warranty. The TV has been taken very good care of, with less than average use. This guy babys everything he owns. Keeps receipts of everything. I know it's not because of poor upkeep.

I'm worried it's just bad timing for me. And the set was just due. Even if I have to spend a few hundreds dollars, I'm okay with that. I just don't want to hear that I'm effed, and there is nothing I can do.

I have included some pictures in case my description hasn't been detailed enough. ANY help, ANYONE might be able to give me is greatly appreciated in advance. And if there are any questions anyone has that might help make my situation more clear, no pun intended, please ask. I will answer anything that could help me figure out what's going on. Thank you all again for your time.
Attached Images File Type: jpg 8ubgk.jpg (29.8 KB) File Type: jpg screenshot3a.jpg (37.5 KB)
Sony Bravia horizontal lines

Related Post