Friday, June 29, 2012

Buying Help - Which home speakers would you get?

Hey everyone! I have been out of the home audio game for about 9 years now, so this is all new to me again...

I was looking to pick up a nice 5.1 surround speaker set for my living room cinema/music area. It's a big space, with 15 foot ceiling, and the entire area is a "great room" that is open to the dining room and kitchen.

I'm torn because I have the chance to pick up a front L/R Floor Pair of speakers that I ready great reviews on:

Revel Concerta F-12's

...I can buy these new from a seller for $600 for the pair, which I thought was really good.

The flip side is that I would have to piece together other speakers, and I'm not sure I could afford more from the Concerta series.

Or, I have the chance to pick up a set of 5.1 Klipsch speakers:
(2 SF 2's, 1 RC 25 center, 2 RS 7 rears) for $300 total

...any thoughts on what to go for? Is it bad to mix front/center/rear speaker brands?

Thanks for your help!

(also, any thoughts on decent speaker sets under 1k total would be great to know...or even decent brands to track...I'm out of the game!) :)
Buying Help - Which home speakers would you get?

Related Post