Saturday, June 30, 2012

Dish 002 Partial Signal Loss errors

A year or two ago I posted a thread on the 002 error I was getting.
http://www.highdefforum.com/dish-net...rebooting.html
It is happening again on both my VIP722K and VIP222K, and I was wondering if anyone has come up with a solution. The problem is intermittent and unrelated to the weather. The Partial Signal Loss error pops up, but I can always immediately get it back by just pressing the Guide button. Dish replaced the VIP722 a year or so ago, and that seemed to help for a while. But now it's back on both receivers. The Dish technician came out a couple of days ago and changed the LNB. He had previously changed all the connectors. I did a search for "Error 002," and several others have reported the same issue. One thing I have in common with some of the others is that I do have OTA adapters in both receivers. That's about the only component they have not replaced, and I am wondering if that might be the problem.

One other problem I have noticed is that sometimes (I think always when watching an OTA channel), I notice that the receiver is locked up. It is still receiving the local channel, but I cannot change channels or get the remote to do anything at all. Sometimes it will reboot on its own, but usually I have to do a manual reboot.

I'm an old retired I.T. director, and I'm pretty tolerant about intermittent problems. But this one has been going on for a couple of years on three different receivers.
Dish 002 Partial Signal Loss errors

Related Post