Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I'm not 2+2 but....

So my upgrade went VERY WELL.... except I was working in Quicken for a few hours and went to backup my work and all of a sudden my system stopped responding.

Reboot, nothing

Reboot Safe Mode, Nothing

Reboot Repair Tool, Nothing

Reboot Windows Disk, Windows Repair, NOTHING

Remove secondary TB data drive and try, NOTHING

Switch SSD from Sata 1 to Sata 3, NOTHING

FRUSTRATION HEAD DESK



So after a LOT of effort and hours, I determined my SSD simply died. I mean I did everything. Finally went to microcenter and grabbed a 120gb Intel 520 SSD and now windows is working perfectly. Such a pain in the ass. I guess OCZ Agility 2's only have a 2 year lifespan? Because I'm seeing a A LOT of posts about them failing in the EXACT SAME MANNER as what happened to me. Such a crock of shit. oh well the Intel was about 175 bucks, but at least it has top top top ratings. And it's a 6.0gb/s drive. So it's twice as fast in theory. /blah
I'm not 2+2 but....

Related Post