Saturday, June 2, 2012

Panasonic TC-P42UT50

Hi everyone, I am a total newbie to the plasma game. I just got my very first set (a Panasonic, as described in the thread title) two days ago, and I'm having some issues (hopefully simple and I'm just too much of a n00b to know how to fix them).

I fiddled around with some of the picture settings and haven't been able to solve the problems, so I reset everything to the factory setting. But, there are two issues that are already driving me nuts and I can't figure out how to fix them.

1. The picture keeps dimming and brightening like crazy when watching programs (or ads) that go from dark settings to light settings. I can't make this stop, and it makes watching sports (especially hockey) really difficult to watch.

2. The picture flickers like mad. It is especially bad while watching basketball for some reason. It makes it nearly impossible to watch.

I really hope these are unbelievably easy problems to solve, and I just don't have any experience in the plasma field as of yet. Beers to whoever solves this for me!

Thanks!
Panasonic TC-P42UT50

Related Post